Are you interested in gaining experience in Digital Marketing?
There are two internship vacancies with immediate start for 20 hours/week max. Expenses are paid. A later start date could be negotiated.
JGOO is a start-up company with focus on Chinese mobile payments (WeChat Pay and Alipay) and China social media marketing (WeChat Marketing) for the brand. The target clients are Chinese tourists and Chinese students in the UKFounded in 2017, JGOO is a part of the holding company R8 Group, a UK investor in TechFin businesses with forward-thinking technology at their core. JGOO delivers new, easy-to-use payments solutions for merchants looking to attract Chinese customers both as tourists in Europe and buying remotely from China.
In July 2018, Tencent appointed JGOO as their official UK institution enabling a nationwide WeChat payments solution at any physical and online store. The offerings extend beyond payments allowing brands to advertise on the WeChat platform.
At JGOO we are looking for a Marketing and Communications intern to join the team in early 2019.
As a marketing intern, you will be involved in the development of the marketing, branding and communications strategy and you will provide creative ideas to help achieve our goals. You will have administrative duties in developing and implementing these strategies.
Through this internship you will gain broad experience in the fields of marketing and communications and should be prepared to enter any fast-paced work environment.
The workplace will be based in Central London.
- Perform on-going market analysis and research on competition
- Support the marketing and communications team in daily administrative tasks
- Assist in marketing and community management activities (e.g. social media, email marketing)
- Prepare internal presentations
- Help distribute marketing materials
- Manage and update company database
- Help organise marketing events
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong desire to learn about the mobile payment and China social media platforms
- Passion for the marketing industry and its best practices
- Understanding of different marketing techniques
- Solid knowledge of MS Office, and excellent research skills
- Degree or Masters degree in Marketing, Communications, or similar
- Awareness of China social media platforms, including but not limited to WeChat and Weibo
- Native Chinese speaker is desired but not essential
The role is flexible and would suit anyone who is interested in gaining digital marketing experience. JGOO has recently acquired the T2 work visa sponsorship licence from the Home Office, and interns will have a chance to switch to a full-time employee after they graduate. This is a great opportunity for international students.
Company website: https://www.jgoo.co/
To apply: email firstname.lastname@example.org (cover letter, attaching your CV); Xiaowen Li (Darwin) is a KBS alumnae.
For further details about the role please contact Darwin directly.