We are looking for analytical and innovative interns to join our Portfolio Services division in Singapore. The teams which you may be placed in include: * Data Services – undertake all static data maintenance, including securities, portfolios, custodians, counterparties, benchmark data, as well as
We are looking for analytical and innovative interns to join our Portfolio Services division in Singapore.
The teams which you may be placed in include:
- Data Services – undertake all static data maintenance, including securities, portfolios, custodians, counterparties, benchmark data, as well as price validations for globally held assets.
- Trade Operations – ensure timely confirmation and settlement of transactions for equities, fixed income, mutual funds, foreign exchange, fixed deposits and cash flows.
- Performance – provide monthly performance analysis, attribution analysis, including benchmark support.
- Collaborate and engage multiple internal and external stakeholders, such as Investment, Product, Dealing, Brokers/Counterparties, Custodians, etc, subject to the team, which you may be placed.
- Gain exposure to different cultures, through engaging stakeholders in different geographical locations, whether regional or globally such as Australia, Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, or London, etc.
- Develop market and business knowledge across various instruments, markets, benchmarks, sectors or industries through daily activities.
- Acquire ability to multi-task, while ensuring accuracy under dynamic and fast pace environment.
- Obtain better understanding of nature of asset management business, infrastructure, challenges, operating model and business workflows.
- Highly motivated individual who has a genuine interest in the financial services industry and is able to operate under fast pace environment.
- Produces exceptional quality of work demonstrating precision and structure.
- Works well in a team to achieve group goals and can perform independently on individual assignments.
- Strong analytical skills. Capable of applying intelligent, insightful and practical judgement to the area of work.
- Strong communication skills. Able to articulate and engage stakeholders of all levels.
- Past experiences collaborating outside the classroom are viewed favourably, eg volunteer work, key role in team sports, business partners, etc.
- Computer skills – proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to build strong relationships and facilitate conversations across differing levels and types of stakeholders
- Online application form and CV
- Online psychometric tests
- Online video interview
- Assessment centre
- Final Interview
The 2019 Summer Internship Programme runs between May to July 2019, exact dates will depend on the calendar of individual universities. You should be in your penultimate year of studies.
For more information on our Internship Programme, go to www.schroders.com.sg/graduates
We recruit on a rolling basis so please put your applications in early.
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.