1-2 hours per week, would suit flexible self-starter
About the role
This is a flexible, paid marketing role to assist a local artist who works predominantly with up-cycled textiles to create mainly portraiture and who teach workshops in Kent in freehand machine embroidery, which is essentially drawing with thread on a sewing machine. This role would include weekly social media posts and promoting the business.
– very flexible, perhaps 1 or 2 hours per week
– working from home/occasionally at the artist’s home in Cliftonville, Margate
– hours may sometimes increase according to demand
– paid minimum salary upon submission of monthly invoice
– potential growth of role with more hours/increase of pay and potential financial incentive
for recruiting new workshop participants
What you would be doing
- Weekly writing and posting of engaging and innovative social media posts, using images provided by the artist
- Respond to all comments left throughout the week in response to your post, in an upbeat and positive way, during your next session at work alongside posting something new.
- Grow the existing audience of my company on all social media platforms.
- Update the business website regularly with a minimum once a month.
- Occasionally, the successful candidate will be required to write copy for new upcoming workshops and to update the website accordingly with all aspects required to get the new course/payment option online.
- Occasionally researching potential new target markets and approach them via email or the phone.
- Occasionally looking into funding opportunities and to assisting with grant applications.
- Hard-working student, must be a self-starter with a positive attitude
- Has an interest in the creative arts and preferably some experience in marketing
- Ambitious and interested in using this opportunity to springboard your career and trial exciting, innovative ideas, as long as they are in accordance with the values of my business
- Must command high level of fluency in written English
- This role will be offered on a month’s trial basis and will be subject to change.
Pease contact Stacey Chapman email@example.com
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.