Ecommerce Executive Intern
We’re looking for an enthusiastic eCommerce student to contribute significantly to the responsibility of “hopping” our website over and above our competitors.
You must have a cheerful personality, who can communicate effectively and confidently. You must be self-motivated, professional, organised, efficient, quick-thinking, hard-working, consistent and reliable.
You must be able to work with and be part of a strong team and be keen to pitch in when and where required. You need to be physically capable, with a practical disposition and “hands on” attitude.
ABOUT THE BUSINESS
We specialise in decorative hops, dried flowers, gift ware, vintage & country weddings.
We started our business in 1990, and have grown into the multi faceted SME that we are today. We are fundamentally a farming business that has diversified into selling our flower products at our farm shop, online and to retailers & wholesalers. Our USP is decorative hops & dried flowers, and our markets extend widely to include interior design, home living, floristry, craft workshops, brewing, weddings, film set designers, high street retailers & wholesale markets. Our extensive customer base includes pubs & restaurants, production companies and more recently The Conran Shop, The Eden Project, Kew Gardens, Liberties London & L’Oreal.
Our shop is located in the beautiful Chalkpit Farm Rural Shopping complex in Bekesbourne, just 2 miles south of Canterbury and we sell online at www.essentiallyhops.co.uk
Please Note you will need to have a driving licence and the use of a car to get to work.
While this internship is specifically for Ecommerce, you will also have the opportunity to see & learn about every layer of our successful business – from production, to product development, to retail design & presentation, to marketing, customer service, and product delivery. This valuable insight will give you an overview as to what is involved in a small business, offering diversity, variety, challenges, and a perfect platform to demonstrate your net worth, capability and versatility.
You will be part of a strong team and may be expected to support your colleagues when on annual or sick leave to ensure our customers are well served. You may be asked to support your colleagues and contribute to a lesser extent by:
- Answering telephone calls
- Responding to customers enquiries accurately and efficiently
- Processing paperwork, picking and packing orders to a high standard
- Dispatching orders with the relevant postal or courier service
- Providing support in our brick-and-mortar shop including stock count (annually) and serving customers
PAID WORK PLACEMENTS
- A Year In Industry – 44 week position start date 17th Sept 2018 (end 19th July 2019)
- 28 week WORK PLACEMENT start date 7th Jan 2019 (end 19th July 2019); start date 17th Sept 2019 (end 29th March -12th April 2019)
- Full time or part time 3-5 days a week 9am-5pm, you may be asked to work flexible hours and at times from home
Trial period: 3 months
Salary: pro rata £300-£350 per week.
For details of responsibilities, requirements and an application form, please click on link below: