From Saturday 15 June, the Library will open 08:00 – 23:00 daily throughout the summer vacation. The Library is closed on Bank Holiday Monday 26 August.
Service desks will open:
Monday to Friday: 09:00 – 18:00
Saturday: 12:00 – 18:00
The Library is self-service outside these times.
Study space changes
From Saturday 15 June:
- silent study space in B2 and D2 will change back to general Library study space
- pop-up study space in AG will revert back to University seminar rooms.
Library Café opening
Monday – Friday: 09:00 – 16:00
Saturday & Sunday: closed
- Saturday 6 July: 08:00 – 17:00 (University Open Day)
- Saturday 24 and Sunday 25 August: 09:00 – 17:00 (BOING Festival)
The Library Café will be closed for staff training 12 and 13 September.
Temporary closure of Main Entrance
From 24 June – 19 July the main entrance to the Templeman Library will be closed. This is to enable essential building work to improve lighting and environmental issues.
The Library will remain open and fully accessible via the three remaining entrances: Library Road, Terrace and Grimond.
Leaving campus? Return your books!
Physical items can be reserved by others during the vacation. To avoid having to return a book during the vacation, and potential fines if you return it late:
- borrow an e-resource instead of a book
- look for a book with a longer loan period, so that if someone places a reservation you’ll have more time to return it
- check your email regularly and be ready to return books if necessary.
You can return items by post to the Templeman Library if necessary.
If you’re graduating this summer, please return your books by Friday 14 June. If items are still outstanding when your Library account closes, you may be charged replacement costs.
Using other libraries
You can use other academic libraries around the UK and Ireland during the summer vacation and at other times by registering for SCONUL Access.