If you’re teaching in the Autumn term, it’s time to submit your CLA scan requests.
What is the CLA scanning service?
The CLA scanning service makes reading list material such as book chapters and journal articles owned by the university available to students online. The material will be made available digitally in Moodle.
What you need to do
You only need to request new scans. That’s because scans in the most recent version of the module will be carried over automatically.
- Use Moodle 2022 to request your scan.
- Allow 4-6 weeks for us to process your requests.
- Submit your requests as soon as possible if you need items for the start of term.
- Enter the ‘Week required’ on the scan form. That’s the week your students need to read it.
How much you can request
You can request 10% or a chapter (whichever is greater) from each source, per module, for example:
- a whole chapter from a book
- a whole article from a magazine/journal issue
- a whole scene from a play
- a whole paper from a set of conference proceedings
- a whole report of a single case from a volume of judicial proceedings
- a short story, poem or play (not exceeding 10 pages in length) from an anthology