Sixty seconds with Theresa Thurston

New decade, new goals: try something new for 2020

Subject responsibility/role overview:
I support the Kent Law School as the Law librarian.  I am also the Faculty Librarian for Social Sciences and have a strategic lead for engagement.

What was your earliest ambition:
I wanted to be a racing driver when I was very small but didn’t learn to drive until I was 29 and the thought of driving that fast is terrifying now.

Best professional moment/achievement:
I have two best moments.  Firstly I’m very proud of becoming faculty librarian and following in the footsteps of a library legend Anna Miller who was here at Kent almost from the start of the University.  Secondly, before coming to Kent I was the systems librarian at the Law Society where I created the Law Society Library Twitter account.  This now has over 2,000 followers and they are still following the pattern of tweets I started including the Friday question.  If you want a challenge on a Friday follow them @LSlawlibrary.

What new thing/s will you be trying for 2020:
I’ve recently taken up running so I will be entering a few races for the first time this year. My first race is the London Winter Run 10K for CancerResearch.

A book you have enjoyed recently:
I really enjoyed Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine really funny and moving.

Do you have any hidden talents:
I can play God Save the Queen on the recorder through my nose – is that treasonous?!

Do you cook, if so signature dish:
Does cake count as a signature dish? If so then chocolate cake.

Get in touch to book an appointment for more clarity in 2020! https://www.kent.ac.uk/guides/library-subject-support#librarian-contact-details