Sixty seconds with Abi Heath

New decade, new goals: try something new for 2020

Subject responsibility/role overview:
I work with the SPSSR, Anthropology and Conservation and Politics and International Relations. My role involves liaison with the school, supporting and developing information literacy and helping to develop the collection.

What was your earliest ambition:
As a young bookworm I also enjoyed writing stories and would have loved to be the next Roald Dahl as a child. I also transformed my bookshelves into my own library and use to get my younger siblings to check books out so it is perhaps not surprising that I ended up working in libraries for my career.

Best professional moment/achievement:
My ambition when I started my career in librarianship was to become a subject librarian so my best professional movement was gaining my first subject librarianship post at the University of Plymouth.

What new thing/s will you be trying for 2020:
I keep on saying that I should try and learn a foreign language so this would be a good resolution for 2020.

A book you have enjoyed recently:
I really enjoyed Everything Under by Daisy Johnson – the book was really evocative and created a real sense of place.

Do you cook, if so signature dish:
I love pasta so my signature dish would probably be Macaroni cheese as is my favourite comfort food.

Get in touch to book an appointment for more clarity in 2020! https://www.kent.ac.uk/guides/library-subject-support#librarian-contact-details