A new managed print service for the University, managed by our printing service partner Apogee, is coming soon.
It will provide staff with secure, high-quality printing, copying and scanning facilities close to their work place: see the University Print Copy Scan Policy (pdf) for details. Student printing is already managed this way. It has proved to bring cost savings and reduce environmental impact.
Your nearest printer may get a new location: see the floor plans on SharePoint for current and proposed printer locations.
Placement of printers: consultation phase
IT representatives in each school/department, in consultation with staff and their head of school/dept, will need to confirm approval for the final printer locations.
- your name;
- the school or department you represent;
- and the printer locations (building and room numbers as appropriate) you are approving.
If you want to discuss the placement of printers or any printer issues with Apogee, our printing service partner, come and chat to Apogee staff when they’re on campus (see below) or email Lee Trageser: email@example.com
Printer consultation sessions
Drop in or email Lee Trageser to make an appointment:
- Monday 20 May 10.00 – 16.00 Templeman Library DG02
- Tuesday 21 May:
- Medway campus at 10.00 – 12.00 Medway Building M2-05
- Canterbury campus at 14.00 – 16.00 Templeman Library DG01
- Wednesday 22 May 10.00 – 16.00 Templeman Library DG02
- Thursday 23 May:
- Canterbury campus at 10.00 – 12.00 Templeman Library A108
- Medway campus at 14.00 – 16.00 Medway Building M2-05
Desktop and standalone printers can be kept if there’s a clear business or accessibility need: contact firstname.lastname@example.org or talk to Apogee at one of the sessions.
What the service means for schools/departments
- Your school/department won’t have to buy or maintain printers or top up paper.
- Your current printers will be replaced with Multi-Functional Devices (MFDs) that offer photocopying, scanning and printing – and are easy to use, secure and flexible.
- Printers will be located in areas where staff have free access. Some current print locations will change.
- Your school/department will only be charged on a per-page basis for services used.
- Reports will be available to help you track usage and cost.
- Training will be available for staff on how to get the best out of the new printers.
Staff Print Copy Scan Policy