CAS has launched a new platform to replace its classic SciFinder tool that gives users a whole new experience in terms of the searching capabilities and breadth of information for students of chemistry, biochemistry and pharmacy.
You can find full details of the new features now available on their website however it includes:
- new search functions by topic and across reactions, substances and references all at once
- easily rerun searches by recording your entire search history
- improved relevance ranking and citation mapping
- access to MethodsNow a collection of synthetic protocols from many important publishers going back to 2000
- access to PatentPak a collection of patent documents from 31 organisations going back to the 1990s.
For the time being we will be running both platforms before the older edition is switched off. It should be noted however that new datasets will only be added to SciFinder-n going forward.
Both of these databases require registration the first time you use. Those already registered with classic SciFinder will be able to use their existing login with the new SciFinder-n. Follow the instructions the first time you use and you will be sent email updates on this new resource.
To find SciFinder go to our A-Z eresources