Oxford Handbooks Online Literature Collection on trial until June 4th

You have access to Oxford Handbooks Online Literature Collection until 4th June. Access the trial here

More about this eresource

This is a collection of ebooks containing thousands of peer reviewed essays on many aspects of poetry, prose, verse, and drama from about 1300 to the present day. Use the Handbooks to gain an understanding of existing scholarship on a topic as well as exploring new research.

For topics, it has a particularly strong coverage of Shakespeare, early modern, modern, and American literature.

Should we keep this eresource?

Tell us what you think! Email your comments to library-enquiry@kent.ac.uk

4 responses to “Oxford Handbooks Online Literature Collection on trial until June 4th

1. There are some really important books in this series on early Tudor theatre and early modern performance that are crucial to my research — I’m so glad the library is trialling this service so that we have some access to them, but if we are going to be forced to use solely digital sources because of the Covid-19 pandemic, I desperately need the library to purchase full access so that I can finish my research.

1. Hi Anna,
      Many thanks for your feedback. We are starting to plan our digital resource needs for supporting teaching and research this next academic year. I will take your comments forward in these discussions and will pass you an update directly soon.

2. We already have some of the individual volumes in this series (I am co-editor of the Oxford Handbook of Charles Dickens) but it would be highly desirable to have access to the whole series. The aim of the series is not merely to ‘survey the field’ but to set the agenda for research in the nominated topic for the foreseeable future so making these volumes a vital resource for students and researchers.

1. Thanks Cathy for that useful information. We are starting to plan our digital resource needs for supporting teaching and research this next academic year. We will take your comments forward.