The Lancet publishes medical news, original research, and reviews on all aspects of clinical medicine and global health that has been in publication since 1823. It is one of the most highly regarded medical research sources publishing peer-reviewed and primary research.
As one of the oldest medical journals in the Western world, the Lancet is a valuable resource for studying the history of science, of scientific communication and of clinical medicine as well as demonstrating how the practice and social effects of the discipline have evolved.
The historical coverage of this journal is relevant to students in the study of medical history, scientific research, clinical and public health, pharmacology and social research as well as many more.
How to log in
- Go to http://library.kent.ac.uk/cgi-bin/resources.cgi?url=http://www.sciencedirect.com/journal/the-lancet
- Click Sign in
- Click Other institution
- Type University of Kent in the search bar and click on University of Kent in the drop-down
- Enter your Kent IT account username and password
Most useful for
- School of English (to support MA Medical Humanities)
- School of History
- School of Biosciences
- Medway School of Pharmacy
- New Kent & Medway Medical School