Did you know that you can use Mendeley reference-management software on student PCs across the Canterbury campus?
Mendeley (and RefWorks) are accessible on student PCs across campus including:
- the Templeman Library
- the PC rooms/classrooms in Cornwallis, Eliot, Keynes and Sibson
- the study hubs in the colleges, Park Wood, Tyler Court and the Senate.
How to access Mendeley on a student PC
To log in to Mendeley on a student PC:
- In the search bar at the bottom left of your screen, start typing in ‘Mendeley’. The Mendeley Desktop app details should appear.
- Left-click Open to launch the Mendeley Desktop app.
- When the ‘Welcome to Mendeley Desktop’ screen opens, either:
- if you already have a Mendeley account: log in to Mendeley with your Mendeley account details, or;
- left-click the Register button (at the bottom left of the Mendeley screen) to set up a free account with Mendeley.
If you have a personal email address it’s best to use that as your log-in for Mendeley. Don’t use your Kent IT Account password.
Troubleshooting Mendeley log-in and other technical issues
If you need help logging into Mendeley on a student PC or on your own device (like a laptop or mobile), contact us in person in the Templeman Library or remotely.
Is Mendeley the right tool for you?
Our recent ‘Why choose Mendeley?’ blog post highlights some of the benefits of using Mendeley to manage your references and further information about using Mendeley, Zotero or RefWorks is available on our Reference Management webpages.
Come to Mendeley drop-in session in January
This month we’re offering Mendeley introductory sessions, which include hands-on exploration of the software – book your place here. Also, the Student Learning Advisory Service (SLAS) are running referencing/study support drop-ins in the Library Café so come along and learn more.
For more complex queries about Mendeley or other reference management tools, complete our ‘Get help with reference management’ form. Alternatively, for in-depth help or training, contact your Academic Liaison Librarian on the Canterbury campus or your Academic Support Librarian if you are based at Medway.