Did you know that there is a dedicated liaison librarian for your programme? Our role is to support you in your studies by helping you use the library and all its resources effectively.
With over 300 different databases and millions of resources your librarian can help you discover the best places to search for your own research and how to go beyond your reading list. We can also help with critically evaluating sources and how to decide whether information is credible and suitable for academic work. If you struggle with keeping track of your references and find writing your bibliography hard then speak to us about how reference management tools like Mendeley or Zotero might help.
Find out who your librarian is on our webpage. If you would like help or would like to meet us to discuss the support we offer you can book an online appointment or get in touch via email.
We have recently helped students with:
- using LibrarySearch to find books/ e-books on their essay topic
- using the subject guide to find subject specialist resources
- using their reading list
- finding articles on their chosen dissertation topic
- searching systematically to ensure that they were not missing key literature for their research
- reducing search results down to ensure that literature was relevant to their search
- improving their research skills
- using subject specialist databases
- using reference management tools to keep track of references and input citations and bibliographies directly into their work
- searching google effectively
You may also want to look at our subject library resource guides to help direct you to relevant resources and provide support for your studies.
For Librarian support at Medway contact your Subject Librarian.