Preparing teaching material for a new term? We’ve got online guidance and teaching resources you can incorporate into your Moodle modules
Teaching offer and learning outcomes
The Academic Liaison Services team in the library offer a range of teaching activities and resources to help students to make the best use of the library and information world. These information and research skills contribute to good results, future success and employability.
Online guidance and teaching material is available in our Moodle module . This is structured to reflect learning outcomes and to allow for phased skills development.
We can also provide further demonstrations and subject specific webinars to complement this content.
Guided tour of Library Research Skills Moodle module
One of our librarians, Karen Goodwin, shows you around the module in this short video
Ways to use the Moodle module
We suggest that you use the structured sections to identify the most appropriate content.
You could then:
- link to the whole module from your own modules as a general resource
- link to specific sections from relevant parts of your own module
- incorporate completion of sections into your students’ schedule
You are welcome to discuss this content, delivery approach and further requirements with your liaison librarian
If you or your students are based at Medway please refer to the Drill Hall library learning and teaching support offer
The practical bits
- All students are automatically enrolled on our Library Research Skills Moodle module
- Members of staff need to request enrolment. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to be enrolled on DP23000 Library Research Skills
Email email@example.com if you would like to discuss further the ways in which you can embed library research skills into your teaching.