As part of a You Read, We Buy the Library has access to a number of History Vault archives until July 2023. At the end of that period the Library will purchase the collections with the most usage.
About the resource
History Vault provides access to a wealth of archival material from the University Publication of America Collections including digitized letters, photographs, scrapbooks, financial records, diaries and more primary source material.
As part of the scheme, you have access to:
- American Indians and American West 1809-1971
- American Politics and Society from Kennedy to Watergate 1960-1975
- Black Freedom Struggle in the 20th Century
- CIA Cold War Research Reports and Records on Communism and Eastern Europe (1917-1976)
- Revolutionary War and Early America
- Slavery and the Law
- Slavery in Antebellum Southern Industries
- Slavery, the Slave Trade and Law and Order in 19th Century America
- Southern Life and African American History 1755-1915
This resource will be of interest if you study History, American Studies, or Politics