Action required by researchers regarding UKRI funded publications.
From 1 April 2022 there will be new Open Access (OA) requirements. They will apply to journal articles and conference proceedings arising from UKRI funded projects (AHRC, ESRC, EPSRC, MRC, BBSRC, NERC, STFC).
The new policy:
- Requires immediate OA upon publication with no restrictions
- Needs you to think carefully when choosing a journal
- Relies heavily on use of our Read and Publish agreements
- Restricts the use of UKRI APC funds
- Requires you to take action upon submission
You need to:
- Read our Open Access and UKRI funded projects guide
- Follow the workflow recommended in our Check before you choose – how to comply with the UKRI Open Access Policy document
- Attend the Open Research – How to do it Grants Factory sessions or listen to the recordings (coming soon)
Books and book chapters
New requirements for books and book chapters arising from UKRI funded projects come into force on 1 January 2024. Read our guidance and keep a digital copy of the Author Accepted Manuscript version of your work.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.