To support you in taking your online exams, we have a range of different individual, socially distanced study spaces available in the Templeman Library.
Want an individual silent space with a PC? Use our Find a PC service to check what’s free or choose a study desk with power to plug in your laptop. These spaces are available on a ‘first come, first served’ basis and cannot be booked.
Silent study space locations:
- Block A, Floors 2 / 3
- Block D, Floor 3
Non-silent study spaces
There are other more relaxed spaces across the Library to take your exams with comfortable sofas and chairs. Need a height adjustable desk? View our accessibility guide.
Individual study rooms (carrels)
You can book an individual study room (known as a carrel) in the Library for a day at a time at no charge. These rooms can be booked up to four weeks in advance. Each carrel is lockable and has a desk, power, chair and lamp. Carrels are open to other study spaces and may not be silent. Book a carrel.
Before visiting the Templeman Library
Please remember to:
- Check the Templeman Library opening hours
- Allow plenty of time to enter the Library – you may have to queue.
View live how busy the Templeman Library is
- You must have your KentOne card to access the Library, borrow books or print
- Don’t forget your face covering – they must be worn at all times* exemptions apply
- Set your devices to silent when in silent areas
- Cold food only can be eaten in the silent and bookable study spaces.