Click and Collect service for books

The Templeman Library is now open with limited services and offering a limited Click and Collect service for items that are not available in digital format. As a safety measure, you won’t be able to access the bookshelves yourself at this time.

We encourage you to always look for a digital alternative to the item you need before using Click and Collect.

How to use Click and Collect

1. Check LibrarySearch

See if there’s a digital alternative to the item you need. (If you want to see only the items that are available online, use LibrarySearch Digital.)

2. Request

If you can’t find a digital alternative, go to the item you need in LibrarySearch and click Place Reservation. You can request up to 10 books at a time but cannot have out on loan over 40 books total.

(If you’re a visitor with borrower membership, email the book details to libraryhelp@kent.ac.uk.)

3. Collect

Please wait for an email confirming when your items are ready to collect from the Click and Collect Point in the Welcome Hall – this may take up to 3 days. You have up to 7 days to collect your item. Find your items, by surname alphabetically and check them out, using the Borrow & Renew machine.

4. Return

Please return items at the external book drop by the Library Road entrance or use the book bins in the Welcome Hall. They will be quarantined for 72 hours before we make them available to others.

4 responses to “Click and Collect service for books

1. I am trying to reserve books for click and collect but it says I can’t because they are on the shelf.

1. Hi Sarah, sorry Click and Collect isn’t working as expected for you. I’ve passed your query to the relevant team and they’ll have a look at this for you. Best wishes, Angela

2. Can I still place a reservation for a book even when the digital version is available? I have been using my laptop a lot lately and it’s affecting my eyes, which is something I’m very concerned about.

1. Dear Nihed, I have logged your enquiry in TopDesk (our query handling system) and assigned it to the relevant Library team – they will respond to you directly. Kind regards and best wishes, Angela