Your safety and wellbeing is our priority. In line with Government guidance, the Templeman Library is open with limited services. These are being regularly reviewed and so are subject to change.
We can only allow a limited number of people in the Library so please consider whether your visit is essential. You may have to queue to enter. Use LibrarySearch Digital to check for a digital version of the book or resource you need. Want a study space / PC? Use a Study Hub across campus.
- Bring your card and a face covering
- No KentOne Card: No access – you will need it to access the building, and you can’t borrow books/print without it
- Wear a face covering before you enter the building. As per government guidelines, you don’t have to wear a mask if you have a legitimate reason not to or in a study space
- Download the NHS Covid-19 Test and Trace app and scan in, using the QR code poster at the entrances.
Services you can use
- Socially distanced study spaces and PCs (a reduced number to allow the distancing)
- Access to bookshelves
- Reserving items on loan to someone else
- Document delivery service
- Digital resources – use LibrarySearch Digital to see only what you can access online
- Group study rooms / booths (not bookable – one person occupancy only)
- Library Café and vending machines
- Book a PC service
- Bookable carrels
- Microform viewing
- Study Hubs / PC Rooms across campus
- Visitor PC*
* visitors without a KentOne Card are not allowed entry at this time.
Currently closed or unavailable
- Laptop and headphone loans
- DVD viewing stations
- Chill Out Zone
- Special Collections & Archives reading room (preparing to open soon) – please email email@example.com with any queries or bookings
- Water fountains (water available from Library Café)
- Templeman Library day lockers (lockers are available to rent in Grimond Building)
Opening hours and building access
Because we’re limiting the number of people in the Library you may have to wait to enter. Please queue according to the social distancing requirements provided. You’ll need to follow a one-way route to ensure social distancing.
Your safety in the Library
These are some of the safety measures we’ve put in place:
- You must wear a face covering when using the library (except when at a study space or if you have a legitimate reason not, as per government guidelines)
- Download the NHS Covid-19 Test and Trace app and scan in, using the QR code poster at the entrances
- An enhanced cleaning schedule
- Hand sanitisation stations at entrances / across the library
- Wipes for printers, PCs, study spaces and touch-screens
- Returned books will be quarantined for 72 hours
- Social distancing measures:
- a restricted number of people in the library at any one time
- one-way route around the library to avoid close contact with others
- transparent screens at the Welcome Desk
Studying and printing
There are socially distanced study spaces available.
The study space cleaning process is changing from Monday 28 Sep. Users are required to clean their work space before use with the wipes provided (available in dispensers). The ‘clean me’ card process is being withdrawn.
The Laptop loans service isn’t available.
Using a printer? Clean the touchpad before use with the wipes provided.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or talk to Welcome Desk staff.