Your safety and wellbeing is our priority. In line with Government guidance, we are now open and offering a limited service.This will be regularly reviewed and so is subject to change.
Because we can only allow a limited number of people in the Library at this time, please consider whether your visit to the Library is essential. If you need a resource, we encourage you to look for a digital version in the first instance using LibrarySearch Digital.
We want to prioritise access to the Library for the people who need it most, including postgraduates and those studying for August exams/assessments.
Staff: you should only return to campus after being told it is safe to return to your working area and following agreement/arrangement with your line manager.
Please check the Drill Hall Library website for updates about re-opening and borrowing at the Drill Hall.
Don’t forget your KentOne Card to gain access to the Templeman Library. You won’t be able to collect books without it. Wear a face covering when entering the building, whether you’re studying or collecting books. As per government guidelines, you don’t have to wear a mask if you have a legitimate reason not to.
- A reduced number of socially distanced study spaces and PCs
- Limited ‘Click and Collect’ service for books
- Digital resources – use LibrarySearch Digital to see only what you can access online
- Online IT & Library Support
Currently closed or unavailable
- Access to bookshelves – use the ‘Click and Collect’ service
- Reserving items on loan to someone else
- Document delivery
- Laptop and headphone loans
- Library Café / vending machines
- Group study rooms and carrels
- DVD viewing stations
- Visitor PC*
- Special Collections & Archives Reading Room
- Vending machines
- Water fountains
- Study Hubs across campus
* visitors without a KentOne Card are not permitted at this time
Opening hours and building access
Because we’re limiting the number of people in the Library you may have to wait to enter. Please queue according to the social distancing requirements provided. You’ll need to follow a one-way route to ensure social distancing.
- Opening hours are Monday to Friday 09:00 to 17:00
- There are two entrances open: Main Entrance and Library Road Entrance
- IT & Library Support Desk hours and contact details
These are some of the safety measures we’ve put in place:
- You must wear a face covering when visiting the library (unless you have a legitimate reason not, as per government guidelines)
- An enhanced cleaning schedule
- Hand sanitisation stations at entrances
- Wipes for printers and touch-screens
- Returned books will be quarantined for 72 hours
- Social distancing measures:
- a restricted number of people in the library at any one time
- one-way route around the library to avoid close contact with others
- transparent screens at the Welcome Desk
Studying and printing in the Library
There will be restricted, socially distanced study spaces available in the Templeman Library during the summer. PC rooms will be closed but there will be study spaces and PCs available to use across the rest of the library.
If you have your own laptop, we recommend you bring it with you to use. The Laptop loans service will not be available at this time.
To use a study space (with or without a student PC), collect a ‘clean me’ sign from the Welcome Hall to place on the desk you’re using. This lets us know that the space needs cleaning and tells others not to use it before it’s been cleaned. You’ll be able to use a recently cleaned study space and PC.
Printers are available in all open study spaces. You will be asked to use a wipe to clean the touchpad before use.
Bookable study spaces won’t be available at this time, including group study rooms, booths, study carrels or bookable PCs.
Study hubs across campus, including the Postgraduate Study Hub in Senate, will remain closed until further notice.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or talk to Welcome Desk staff.