Updated 3 September: the following services are now available again:
- DVD viewing stations, but you need to bring your own headphones
- water fountains
- group study room and group study booth bookings
In line with Government guidance, our Library and IT services are now much more “business as usual”, with only some restrictions and some services that have not yet resumed.
We are keeping opening hours and services under review and they may change in line with any new Government guidance. Your safety and wellbeing are our priority.
This blog post describes the services in the Templeman Library. For services and opening hours of the Drill Hall Library, check the Drill Hall Library website under “Latest News”.
Keeping you and others safe
- Face coverings are now optional, but we recommend you continue to wear one inside the Library
- Please continue scanning in with the NHS Covid-19 Test and Trace app, using the QR code poster at the entrances
- Please use the cleaning wipes provided near all borrow and renew machines, printers and library resource terminals
- Please wash your hands frequently and use hand sanitisers and sanitisation stations across the library.
- If you’d rather not visit the Library, use LibrarySearch Digital to check for a digital version of the book or resource you need.
Opening hours and building access
See the Templeman Library opening hours and our support hours and contact details. Remember to bring your KentOne card, as you can’t borrow or print without it.
Except for those listed below, our services are available as usual.
Services that are unavailable or restricted
- Chill Out Zone: closed
- Laptop and headphone loans unavailable
- Book a PC service: unavailable
- Templeman Library day lockers unavailable (but you can rent a locker in the Grimond Building)
Please talk to Welcome Desk staff or contact us.