If you’re an academic applying for promotion, you will need to generate a list of your publications in the Kent Academic Repository (KAR) to include in your application.
How to produce your report:
- Log into KAR using your Kent username and password
- check your publications are all present and correct
- click on the Profile tab at the top of the page
- click on the Export tab
- click on Promotions Report
- the report will open and you can save it as a file
- check the report thoroughly
- Check and edit your report in Microsoft Word, adding the extra information you need as set out in the HR document Instructions for producing a publications list from KAR (please see section 2, paragraph 22.214.171.124.)
- Check that the published outputs you wish to include in your promotions application are in KAR and that the details are correct.
- If you need to add your work to KAR use the guidance on the KAR webpages to manually add or import your works to KAR.
- If you are a new member of staff, add your key publications from other institutions to make sure you have a good publication history in KAR.
- Make sure each entry in KAR contains your full email address: A.N.Other@kent.ac.uk, not email@example.com.
- If you are unable to edit an entry in KAR, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll change ownership of the entry for you.
- You can add forthcoming items to KAR using the ‘in press’ or ‘submitted’ status.
- Items with the status ‘unpublished’ will not be included in your publications report.
- You can manually add items or more information to your publications report by editing it after you have produced it from KAR
- The KAR item type “Monograph” includes the following publications: “technical report, project report, documentation, manual, working paper or discussion paper”. For a published book, please use the item type “book” or “edited book”.
- You need to add the details outlined in Appendix 2, paragraph 126.96.36.199. of the Instruction for producing a publications list from KAR document (for example, the indication of the current status of forthcoming items).
Need some advice about your KAR entries and producing your report?
Please email email@example.com if you require any further assistance with your KAR records, or you have any questions about your publication report.