If you’re an academic or researcher applying for promotion, you will need to generate a list of your publications in the Kent Academic Repository (KAR) to include in your application.
How to produce your report:
- Log into KAR using your Kent username and password
- check your publications are all present and correct
- click on the Profile tab at the top of the page
- click on the Export tab
- click on Promotions Report
- the report will open and you can save it as a file
- check the report thoroughly
- Check and edit your report in Microsoft Word, adding the extra information you need as set out in the HR document Principles and Procedure Promotions 2018-2019 (please see Appendix 2, paragraph 184.108.40.206.)
- Check that the published outputs you wish to include in your promotions application are in KAR and that the details are correct.
- If you are a new member of staff, add your key publications from other institutions to make sure you have a good publication history in KAR.
- Make sure each entry in KAR contains your full email address: A.N.Other@kent.ac.uk, not email@example.com.
- If you are unable to edit an entry in KAR, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll change ownership of the entry for you.
- You can add forthcoming items to KAR using the ‘in press’ or ‘submitted’ status.
- Items with the status ‘unpublished’ will not be included in your publications report.
- You can manually add items or more information to your publications report by editing it after you have produced it from KAR
- You need to add the details outlined in Appendix 2, paragraph 220.127.116.11. of the Principles and Procedure Promotions 2018-2019 document (for example, the indication of the current status of forthcoming items).
Need some advice about your KAR entries and producing your report?
The following One to One KAR sessions are available (they are also in the University Events Calendar):
- Tuesday 20th November – 14:00 – 16:00
- Friday 30th November – 10:00 – 12:00
- Friday 23rd November – 10.30 – 14:30 (Drill Hall Library)
Email email@example.com to book your session, if you need any help, or have queries about your reports.