130 new study spaces open in D Block!
Welcome back everyone! We’ve been busy making improvements: check out the newly opened study areas in D Block on floors 2 and 3. We think you’ll love them!
- The former PC room in D Block Floor 2 is now open with more study spaces for individual quiet study. Most desks have a PC, and 24 PCs of these are now bookable.
- There are 44 new study spaces in a new silent zone on Floor 3 in D Block. 14 of the spaces have PCs. The space offers spectacular views across Canterbury.
- Need a height adjustable workspace? There are six additional height adjustable desks in D Block Floor 2. Four have PCs on, and two of these are bookable. There are more height adjustable desks in D Block Floor 3 in the silent study zone.
- The toilets in D Block have also had a complete makeover: there are now 5 gender neutral toilets and 1 accessible toilet on each Floor 1, 2 and 3.
- The lift in D Block is available again so you can use it to get to these new spaces
From start of term, the Library is now back to 24/7 opening until June so you’ll have plenty of time to check out the new areas.
‘Book a PC’ trial service
To guarantee use of a PC at a certain time there are now 24 bookable PCs in the Library. You can now book up to four weeks in advance using our new Book a PC trial service, which will run until the end of the summer term. The PCs are for quiet individual study and are located in new study space on Floor 2, D Block (the former PC room).
Try it: book a PC for up to 3 hours between 09:00 – 18:00.