Thanks to the University of Kent’s membership of the SGroup European Universities Network, we are able to offer Kent students the opportunity to apply for a place on the SGroup Summer School on Intercultural China Studies in Shanghai. The Summer School will be hosted by the Shanghai International Studies University and will take place from 2 – 31 August 2019.
The programme will include classes highlighting specific elements of history, geography, culture, law, politics, business and society in China. It will also include 4 hours of Mandarin classes a day. The programme is designed to give students a flavour of studying in China.
Participating students will also have the opportunity to take part in a number of cultural and social activities intended to deepen understanding of China. Activities included in the draft programme includes movie nights, tai chi classes, tea ceremonies and excursions to Hanghzou, Beijing, and the Great Wall.
Participation costs are expected to be as follows:
- 1.600,00 € per student (including tuition & accommodation for week 1 – 3 in Shanghai)
- 400,00 € for internal travel (to Xi’an and Beijing) during week 4
- Travel expenses to China and fees for visa application, health and liability insurance, vaccinations as well as living expenses (food) must be borne by participants.
To apply for a place on the SGroup Summer School on Intercultural China Studies in Shanghai, interested Kent students will need to complete the following steps:
Complete online application form (managed by the SGroup European Universities Network).
Submit the following documents to International Partnerships at Kent
- Motivation letter/personal statement,
- Declaration of Commitment – this would be sent to you following submission of the online application form
Deadline for applications is 18th April 2019. The SGroup Executive Committee will make the final decision on selection.
There will be a webinar on the 4 April at 15:00 GMT. The webinar is open for everyone who wants to know more about the programme and you can register for the webinar at this link: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/5759107063993157387
For a copy of the tentative programme for the Summer School and for further information, please contact mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org