Exciting opportunity to visit India this summer

Apply to be part of the India Immersion Programme in partnership with Amity University

The Dean for Internationalisation, Dr. Anthony Manning, together with International Partnerships Directorate, have teamed up to design a bursary opportunity that supports three Kent students to participate in the India Immersion Programme offered by Amity University.

We are now inviting applications for the bursary until the deadline of 8 June 2018.

What is included in the programme?

The successful students will travel together and spend two weeks in India at the end of August 2018. The programme involves academic lectures/sessions which provide exposure to Indian heritage and culture; cultural visits and cultural programmes with student counterparts at Amnity University; as well as industrial visits based on the academic background of the visiting students.

Hear from students who have taken part

Sophie Nash was awarded the bursary last year, and speaks of her experience:

“It has been my dream to travel to India since I was young. I’ve never managed to fulfil this dream due to various reasons, such as trying to fit in the trip alongside my studies and having to fund as well as organise a trip. The International Partnerships department here at the University of Kent made my dreams come true, and I had the most incredible time.

India was everything and so much more than I thought it would be. Amity University were simply outstanding at making us feel welcome and looking after our welfare. I was gifted a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to study Indian culture, religion, commerce and economy under the guidance of some of India’s leading academics. I saw a selection of the ‘wonders of the world’, and managed to fully immerse myself in the truly fascinating and unique, Indian culture. I have learnt things which I simply would never have learnt from reading or being in the classroom. This has further fuelled my ambitions to travel back to India and see what else that beautiful country has to offer.”

Further information and to apply

Visit: /www.kent.ac.uk/goabroad/opportunities/india-immersion-programme.html

At Kent we believe attending a summer school overseas is a great way to experience another culture, gain a global perspective, enhance your studies and make friends from around the world. To view more on Kent’s Go Abroad opportunities for students (including both Summer Schools and Study & Work Abroad placements) visit:www.kent.ac.uk/goabroad/