Building on the success of our previous Summer Schools in Brussels (Europe and the World), Canterbury (Biotechnology, Politics and International Relations, and Psychology) and Paris (Revolutions), we are pleased to announce that these exciting courses will be running again this year.
In addition to this we are delighted to announce we are able to offer a diverse new collection of summer school programmes for 2017 covering a range of disciplines as shown below:
- Architecture Summer School: Take part in presentations, design workshops, lectures and site visits and become part of a creative community that comprises of well-respected researchers, highly skilled architects, engineers and design professionals.
- Global Business in a Dynamic Environment: Explore the core theories and activities involved in International business through policies and research and the complexity of decision making on a global scale.
- Medieval History: Transport yourself back to the medieval society through the lens of Canterbury and Kent. Take part in guided visits, workshops and group seminars exploring medieval documents, artefacts and landscapes.
- Molecular Biology and IVF: Gain cutting edge research skills and expertise through exploring the process of generating IVF embryos, chromosome analysis and fluorescence in-sit hybridisation.
- Quantitative Research: Undergraduate level. Study the core elements of statistical analysis covering a range of quantitative skill areas including regression, contingency tables and continuous data in a problem-based learning environment.
A fantastic opportunity to discover the wonderful cities of Canterbury, Brussels or Paris, the Summer Schools offer the chance to either enhance and deepen your knowledge of your own subject area or study something completely different for a period of two weeks. Our courses will provide an insight into a wide variety of subject areas and students will gain expertise, skills and intercultural awareness which will be attractive to potential employers.
Studying at a summer school with the University of Kent, ranked 23 out of 119 institutions in the UK (Guardian University Guide 2017), you will benefit from expert teaching, on-campus accommodation (in Canterbury), social activities, excellent resources and facilities and an opportunity to enhance your career or progress to postgraduate study.
The Summer Schools offered our centres in Brussels and Paris are taught in English by specialist academics and practitioners from across the world expanding your professional, academic and social networks.