International Partnerships is excited to announce its very first Go Abroad Awards, celebrating the efforts and achievements of students who have undertaken a study or work placement abroad. Nominations are invited from students and staff at the University, as well as staff at our partner universities or international companies with whom we have links.
The Go Abroad Awards Ceremony will take place on Thursday 30 March 2017 as part of our International Partners Week. This will be a formal occasion to mark the achievements of our students and celebrate successful award-winners.
The Award Categories are:
- Best use of social media to document the year/term abroad: Are you a keen blogger, tweeter or Instagrammer? Did the posts you made while abroad dazzle your friends and followers? We’re looking for a social media user who gave the most comprehensive, unique insight into life on a study or work abroad placement. | Prize: £100
- Best Go Abroad volunteer: This award will go to the student who has been most consistent and reliable in volunteering for events organised by International Partnerships after returning from their time abroad. Did you help welcome international students over Arrivals Weekend? Assist with the Global Hangouts? Take part in our January orientation? You may find yourself nominated. | Prize: £100
- Best school ambassador for Go Abroad: Sharing your study or work abroad experience with others considering undertaking a placement abroad is both helpful and rewarding. Your insight is valuable because your first-hand experience makes you an expert, and taking part in the promotion of study or work abroad opportunities in your academic school is a great way to share this expertise. This award is for a student whose school believes they have made the most positive contribution in this area. | Prize: £100
- Go Abroad initiative of the year: Have you put on an event or launched an initiative to support students undertaking study or work abroad placements? Are you a member of a society that enhances the study abroad experience for short-term students at Kent? This award will celebrate the student who has made the biggest impact on improving the study or work abroad experience for others. | Prize: £100
- Go Abroad student of the year: This award will go to the student who has shown the most dedication, enthusiasm and passion for study or work abroad, both as part of their own experience and in contributing positively to the experiences of others. | Prize: £150