Calling all universities and organisations looking for UK summer schools for students or staff!
University of Kent offers faculty-led and bespoke short courses and summer schools tailored directly to the needs of your students and staff.
Examples of what we have provided in the past include:
- English Language and British Culture
- English Language and Intercultural Communication
- Everyday English for Work & Business
- Community Engagement
- International Journalism
- Forensic Science
- Actuarial Science
- Photography (faculty-led)
Why work with us?
- We offer the complete organisation of your trip, from airport arrival to your departure.
- You’ll benefit from a dedicated on-site co-ordinator to support you during your stay
- We offer a traditional experience of British culture as a part of your short course.
- Your students will get to network with current Kent students on organised trips
- You’ll get full flexibility on course content with access to staff from a wide range of subject areas
- We offer a broad range of on-campus accommodation and catering options to suit all budgets
The participants of your short course will be treated as Kent students during their stay, with access to all University of Kent facilities, including our Sports Centre and multimillion-pound Templeman Library.
They will also have the opportunity to meet with Kent staff and students. Plus, our Canterbury campus offers easy access to all that Canterbury, Medway and London have to offer.
Why choose Kent?
On our short courses, your students and staff will study at a globally-recognised university on the outskirts of the historic city of Canterbury.
Thanks to its global reputation for academic excellence and inspirational teaching, the University of Kent attracts a large number of international students to our diverse and welcoming community.
We organise activities that will immerse your students in the culture and history of the region. These may include, for instance:
- organised excursions to London, Cambridge, Canterbury cathedral, Dover Castle and Leeds Castle
- cultural exchanges with other students
We also offer a range of sports, social and cultural activities both in Canterbury and on campus. These include:
- quizzes and film evenings
- pub and cafe evenings
- sports events with other international students studying at International Programmes
The University’s Canterbury campus is less than one hour away from London by high-speed train and a short walk from Canterbury city centre.
In the city, students can explore the historic sites, including the world-famous cathedral, and enjoy a wide range of shops, cafes and restaurants.
The cost of your short course will include
- classroom tuition
- cultural activities and trips of your choice
- food and accommodation
- all resources and materials
- a welcome pack
- welcome and farewell events
- certificates of attendance
Previous participants have said of our short courses:
“Tutors and student ambassadors were friendly and approachable”
“all three language teachers were really outstanding. Expectations (which were high) were exceeded. Hope we can work with you again”
Get in touch