Foundation Programme Progression Scholarships

International Programmes has developed a range of new scholarships to support our foundation students when progressing onto their undergraduate study. These awards are part of Kent’s efforts to support excellence in academia and to reward students’ efforts in transitioning onto a degree via a foundation year. They are designed to help students to focus on their progression in the knowledge that excellent attendance and engagement throughout the Foundation Year/IFP will be rewarded alongside academic achievement.

Congratulations to this year’s recipients! Pictured below are Victoria Wan Yin, and Jeremy Xi Min, two of the seven scholarship winners.

Victoria Wan Ying –  BSc (Hons) Economics with a Year in Industry:

“I am honoured and grateful to be acknowledged for my accomplishment. I would also like to extend my gratitude to the supportive, patient, and committed staff who had made remote learning less daunting! Having received this award, I aim to continue striving for the best.”

Jeremy Xi Min – BSc (Hons) Economics with a Year in Industry:

“I wish to express my sincere gratitude to the International Foundation Programme at the University of Kent for making the Progression Scholarship possible. I was thrilled to learn of my selection for this honour, and I am deeply appreciative of the support provided by my respective module convenors as well as my academic advisor. The generous financial support and opportunity provided by the programme are very much appreciated.”

The Foundation Programme Progression Scholarship is for students who have completed a Foundation course at Kent with International Programmes and are progressing onto an undergraduate degree at the University in September 2022

Applications are open to all 2021-22 Foundation Year and International Foundation Programme (IFP) students from International Programmes only (applicants must have studied the module FOUN0036 during the 2021-22 academic year), with Scholarships awarded based on a combination of student’s final academic grades, attendance and engagement on the Foundation Year/IFP, tutor references, and the strength of applicant’s essay.

For more information on the Foundation Programme Progression Scholarship, please visit https://www.kent.ac.uk/scholarships/search/FNADIFPPSC01

Pictured below, Carla Morris, Programmes manager, is awarding scholarships to:

Jude Jabsheh – BSc (Hons) Management with Foundation Year

Kristin Johnson – International Foundation Programme (Law)

Adil Bougren – BSc (Hons) Management with Foundation Year

Congratulations all!