TV Production course is a hit with students

Participants in the TV Production Workshop KE200 gained invaluable skills on this free four-day course.

During the first week of the winter break, 10 students took part in a new Study Plus TV Production course to learn the skills needed to produce TV programmes. Run by KMTV, the four-day course gave the participants a chance to pitch and develop ideas for programmes, as well as learning camera, studio and editing skills. They also got a chance to try their hand at presenting a show.

Rianna Patterson did the course because she has an interest in media and is working on her first documentary film. She says of the course: “It is a great introduction into TV. Everyone was very helpful and friendly […]. Getting real life experience, going on the streets to hear real stories is very inspiring and thrilling. If being on the fore front of things is not your preference, there are other ways of getting involved, like managing the cameras or editing.”

Syan Bateman says, “I did the course because I am interested in TV production and wanted to see how it worked at our partner station, KMTV, and whether or not I want to go on to do a Master’s in journalism. I got more out of it than expected – ending up on TV was a big bonus! I am now seriously considering a year in journalism or a Master’s in Journalism, and I would definitely recommend it to others!”

They made a programme during their four days on the course, which you can view via kentonline

Lots of exciting Study Plus courses are running this term. Find out what’s on offer and how to sign up on the Study Plus website.