Study Plus courses are offered by the University, free of charge, to give you the opportunity to explore different areas and skills alongside your degree. They are not credit-bearing, but let you explore new areas, develop new skills and enhance those you already have, and to get more from your time here at Kent. There are several Study Plus courses running during the Summer term that may be of interest to anyone looking to develop their employability skills.
Start date: Wednesday 17 May (Week 26)
End date: Wednesday 14 June (Week 30)
Number of hours: 10 hours (5 x 2 hour sessions)
Employability Points: 50 points maximum (based on 100% attendance)
This practical course is suitable for both undergraduate and postgraduate students, and will provide you with the opportunity to:
- Build a great CV
- Develop and manage your ‘own brand’ via social media
- Explore job hunting methods
- Practice interview techniques
- Develop key technical and social skills
All sessions will be workshop-based and will take place in a computer suite, providing participants with practical opportunities each week.
If you are interested in this Study Plus course, sign up here.
You may also be interested in the other Study Plus courses running in the Summer term:
- KE044 – Journalism (a week-long course at the Medway Campus)
- KE070 – Careers in the Third Sector (a one-day course on the careers and prospects with non-profit and charitable organisations)
- KE094 – Who are you? Improving your prospects by knowing your strengths (specifically for postgraduate students)