Feed URL: https://blogs.kent.ac.uk/health-news-events/2018/06/04/parkinsons-disease-conference-university-of-kent/feed/?withoutcomments=1
Join the Parkinson’s UK Canterbury & District Branch at this free research conference in the University of Kent.
- Tuesday 12th June 2018, 5.30pm, University of Kent Canterbury Campus
- Address: Sibson Building, Park Wood Road University of Kent Canterbury CT2 7FS
There will be plenty of opportunity to ask questions and the speakers will join us in the foyer for refreshments and further discussion.
Session 1 (6pm)
- Prof Peter Jenner (Kings College London), ‘New ideas about Parkinson’s and its treatment’.
- Claire Bale (Parkinson’s UK), ‘Research supported by Parkinson’s UK’.
- Dr Neil Munro (East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust), ‘Sleep difficulties in patients with Parkinson’s’.
- Refreshments in the foyer (approx. 7.10pm to 7.50pm).
Session 2 (7.50pm)
- Prof David Wilkinson (University of Kent), ‘Stimulation of the inner ear to reduce symptoms of Parkinson’s’.
- Trish Vella-Burrows (Christ Church University), ‘Sing to Beat Parkinson’s: a pleasant recreation or scientific treatment?’.
- Helen Madzokere and Michal Widyma (physiotherapists working with Parkinson’s patients in Canterbury), ‘Exercise and Parkinson’s: how much and how strenuous should it be?’.
How do I attend?
This event is free to attend but places must be booked in advance.
Book your place here.
Get in touch
For more information on the event or venue please contact Beatrice Shire, Chair of Parkinson’s UK Canterbury & District Branch: