Week Eight

Feed URL: https://blogs.kent.ac.uk/health-news-events/2015/08/31/week-eight/feed/?withoutcomments=1

This is my last week based at Trinity and I spent the majority of the week finalising little bits and pieces to give to Jo, including finishing the methods section for our study. I also spent a lot of time analysing the transcripts using Interpretive Phenomenological Analysis. Once I had finally got my head around this, it was actually quite easy to use.

We have also found another way to take the study forward; the team in Slovenia recently published a paper which Jo will be replicating with nurses based in the UK.

I have learnt a lot over the placement; a study can really snowball and what you expect to be a one off study can lead to so much more. References really do need to be as up to date as possible for publications. You never know what to expect with a focus group, you may think you have everything and then something new comes up. Transcribing takes a lot longer than you would expect and is also quite challenging at times! Save your work, regularly, you don’t know when the computer is going to give up again!

Most importantly though working with a friendly team who supports you, you can have a laugh with and feel comfortable with is what matters. I want to say a big thank you to my supervisors Jo and Lee for the opportunity to work on the project, I have taken a lot from it and it will definitely help with my final year project and hopefully the paper’s I want to write in the future. I also want to say thank you to the Clinical Audit and Research Team; you have all been amazing people to work with! Thanks also to Linda, who found me a stapler every time mine went “missing”!

This entry was posted in Jaimee Mallion. Bookmark the permalink.