Staff runner gets set for the 2015 Virgin London Marathon

Feed URL: https://blogs.kent.ac.uk/health-news-events/2014/12/11/staff-runner-gets-set-for-the-2015-virgin-london-marathon/feed/?withoutcomments=1

Faculty Learning Technologist Daniel Clark is in training for the 2015 Virgin London Marathon, on behalf of the Christie Hospital, Manchester.

Daniel is raising money for the hospital, one of Europe’s leading cancer treatment and research centres, where his dad received treatment.

Daniel says: ‘The fact that, 18 years later, my dad is living a happy and healthy life is a real testament to the work of the Christie. This will be my first marathon and, although I’m a regular runner (and reasonably fit), it is a massive challenge both physically and mentally. Nonetheless, I’m driven by a determination to give something back to the Christie, for the work that they do for people like my dad.’

Daniel, based in the Unit for the Enhancement of Learning and Teaching, has been a runner for the past two years. As part of his marathon preparations, he is running around 30 miles a week – including running to work from his home in Wingham.

To make a donation to support Daniel’s marathon run, or keep track of his progress, click on his Just Giving pages.

To view original article, click here.

This entry was posted in news. Bookmark the permalink.