Postgraduate Research Experience Survey (PRES)
The Postgraduate Student Experience Surveys are an opportunity for postgraduate students to provide feedback on their academic experiences at Kent.
We are particularly interested in finding out about the things you have enjoyed, what the University has done well and where you consider improvements could be made. Your comments and views really count and they will be used to enhance the quality of the academic experience for postgraduate students in the future.
What is it?
The Postgraduate Research Experience Survey (PRES) is a national survey, co-ordinated by the Higher Education Academy. It gives research students an opportunity to give feedback on their experiences here at Kent.
The PRES survey focuses on:
- research culture
- progress and assessment
- research skills and professional development
- overall experience
- institutional questions- these may vary each survey
It will also include a few extra questions about issues that are particularly relevant to us and to students at Kent.
When is it?
The survey will be launched on Monday 14 March. You will have until Monday 16 May to complete the survey. You will be emailed directly with the survey link, so please check your Kent email account.
Why should I take part?
This is your chance to tell us your thoughts about your experience at Kent so far. The results from the PRES will help us make changes that will improve what we do in the future and to keep doing the things that are important to research students. It will also help us compare how we are doing against other institutions and what themes are trending nationally.
It only takes 10-15 minutes to complete.
Is it anonymous?
Yes. The PRES is confidential and no-one will be able to identify you from the results. Any comments you make on the survey remain anonymous and we ask that you do not identify yourself or any specific members of staff. Responses are collected by the Higher Education Academy, all responses are aggregated to produce an overall national report. University of Kent responses are also aggregated into a confidential report used to help enhance the future experience for research students.
What do I need to do?
You will receive an email with a link to the questionnaire. Simply click on the link and complete the online form.
Where can I find out more?
If you would like further information you can visit the Higher Education Academy website or contact your supervisor.
Top tips to help you complete your survey
- Check your Kent email for your own survey link.
- Allow yourself plenty of time to complete the survey.
- You can save your survey and return to it at a later time. Make sure you complete the survey before 23:59 on the closing date.
- If you are unsure about the meaning of a specific question, save your questionnaire and seek help.
- If a question does not apply to you, then please leave blank or mark as ‘Not applicable’.
- Where the term “course” or “programme” is used in the questionnaire, this refers to your whole programme of study at Kent.
- All answers are anonymous, therefore please do not identify yourself or other individuals (including staff).
Who to contact:
For technical questions regarding the questionnaire please contact email@example.com.
For support with any issues raised within the survey please contact the Graduate and Researcher College at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a question regarding a specific aspect of the questionnaire you can speak with your Supervisor, Postgraduate Research Administrator or the Graduate and Researcher College.