Kent Postgrads – we need to hear about your positive experience as a Master’s or PhD student. Send in a short video or blog and earn yourself some Amazon vouchers or funds on your KentOne card.
We’re looking for new and fresh content for our upcoming marketing campaign, and we know potential students love to hear from our current students. Our postgraduate community are an amazing diverse bunch with some interesting stories, so we’d love to hear yours.
Here are a few key themes below, if your story fits one of these profiles, please do get in touch.
- Budget and money managing – how are you managing your money? How has Kent supported you especially during the cost of living crisis
- What does an average week of study look like for a Master’s student – how many hours a week do you study? What days are you on campus? How do you manage your time?
- Studying for a Master’s whilst working – how are you managing the work, study and life balance ?
- Are you a postgraduate student who has young children? – How do you balance study and childcare? Do you use the creche facilities on campus? Have you been given any additional support?
- Do you commute to campus for your degree? How easy is the campus to get to? How often do you need to come in? Are there certain discounts you receive?
- Do you live on campus? Why did you choose to stay on campus? How are the facilities? How is the postgraduate community on campus? How much does it cost? Are there any benefits or perks of staying on campus?
- We’re you worried before doing a Master’s? How have you been supported in your studies at Kent? How did you overcome your concerns?
- Did you receive a scholarship? What was the application process like? How did you prepare for your studies ?
Content we would need, either of the following:
Blog post – Ideally up to 500 words with an image of you as the author (head to shoulder shot) and up to two relevant images.
Video post – Ideally 60 second video clip in portrait format with a Kent backdrop i.e. on campus, society club, etc.
You will also need to sign a consent form for use of your images on the Kent website and marketing channels.
Deadline for student stories will be 30 December 2023.
If you’d like to share your story and earn Amazon vouchers or funds on your KentOne Card, please contact Yasmine from Marketing. Email: Y.Wahid@kent.ac.uk