Dear Fellow Postgraduates,
We wanted to introduce you to your new GradPost Editor, Basma. We are now accepting article submissions for the upcoming spring edition 2023!
This edition’s major theme is New Normal, you are free to interpret the topic as you choose. We are looking for articles (300-350 words) concerning:
- Living away from home for the first time? How does it feel?
- For instance, what is something that is a part of your daily routine now, but would have seemed unusual before?
- For those seeking to write into the journalistic path, reviews of books, films, and plays speaking to the theme are welcome.
We are also looking for shorter submissions (150-200 words) that focus on:
- Short reflections on any of the above that captured you personally.
- Film, TV, Theatre or Art reviews.
- Days out, holidays or visiting home stories/suggestions.
- Postgrad/community success stories.
- Something new you’re trying out or plan to – maybe fitness, writing, cooking, wellness, painting – or something unusual!
Articles can cover news, your own research projects, past or future events, or anything celebrating your student experience, successes, collaborations, or community.
Your pieces can be a simple experience from attending a coffee network or a gardening event, or any news/activity that caught your attention in the last few months. We want to know your story so we can share it with others at Kent, so they know what’s happening here, and what to look forward to. While you may write for others to read, for your readers it could be an opportunity to find a new hobby, push their boundaries and attend new places and events, and… and you never know, maybe it was your article that made it all happen. We look forwards to reading your piece and bringing out your creative streak. If anything, we are happy to help!
There is a small leeway on word counts, but we can always help you edit them down. Alternatively, you can send us abstracts/pitches describing your ideas via email, for the editorial team’s consideration.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the headline “GradPost Article” by 4pm 24 March to be considered.