GCDC Doctoral Scholarships
Call for staff-led project applications
The Global Challenges Doctoral Centre has launched a call for staff-led project applications. Academic staff are invited to suggest projects suitable for a PhD student to conduct that are both ODA compliant and in support of the wider aims of the Global Challenges Research Fund (GCRF).
More information is available via the call document and application form:
|Call for applications||Application form|
- Staff applications due: Monday, 23 September 2019
- Outcome announced: beginning of October 2019
- Schools advertise projects: by mid October 2019
- Student application deadeline: 19 January 2020 at midnight
Examples of success:
Please click here to view successful applications from last year’s staff-led project competition.
Please do not hesitate to contact the director of the centre, Dr Beth Breeze (B.Breeze@kent.ac.uk), if you have any concerns or questions about eligibility.
Call for student applications
More information about the GCDC studentship call will be available on this page in mid-October 2019. In the meantime, please direct any queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The GCDC funds eight doctoral scholarships (3.5 years) per year; four studentships are project-led and four are student-led.
GCDC scholars (starting in September 2020) will receive the following:
- An annual stipend at UKRI rates (TBC but was £15,009 for 2019/20)
- Annual tuition fees at UKRI Home/EU rates (TBC but was £4,327 for 2019/20)
- A minimum Research Training Support Grant of £1,500 (per year for the first three years of study)
- Specialised interdisciplinary GCDC cohort training activities
The 2019 GCDC Call for applications is available for reference via the Scholarships Finder.