During October and November 2018, Professor Jiangzhou Wang and Professor Nathan Gomes, both from the School of Engineering and Digital Arts, participated in extensive collaborative visits to international universities and organisations in East Asia.
- From 17-18 October, Professor Jiangzhou Wang attended a UK-Korea workshop focused on 5G mobile and beyond 5G mobile in Jeju Korea
- On 22 October, Professor Jiangzhou Wang visited Harbin Institute of Technology and delivered a seminar on caching technologies in mobile communications
- On 24 October, Professor Jiangzhou Wang visited the National Laboratory on Rail Control and Safety in Beijing Jiaotong University and presented a seminar
- On 25 October, Professor Jiangzhou Wang visited the National Laboratory on Switching Technology in Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications
- From 10-13 November, Professor Jiangzhou Wang attended the project meeting in Xidian University in emergency communications. This joint project is funded by the Ministry of Science and Technology of the Chinese government
- On 15 November, Professor Jiangzhou Wang gave an invited talk to the Global Network Technology Conference in Nanjing China
- On 19 November, Professor Jiangzhou Wang delivered an invited lecture to China Mobile Research Institute, the largest mobile operator in the world. The title of his lecture was called “Application of machine learning for 5G communications” and the lecture was broadcast live to the whole of the company
- From 18-22 November, Professor Nathan Gomes and Professor Jiangzhou Wang attended a kickoff project meeting in five cities of China (Beijing, Hangzhou, Wuxi, Suzhou, and Shanghai) on 5G-Drive, an EU-China joint project funded by European Commission Horizon 2020 and the Chinese government.