Work Experience with JPP Law

EP talked to Iris Banken, a Law student, about her time with the company.

A student of Law, Iris Banken earned 245 Employability Points which she used to apply for, and secure, a valuable commercial law work experience reward with JPP Law, a trusted EP supporter for several years.

The work Iris undertook mainly constituted drafting legal documents for clients of the firm and doing research. She commented how much she enjoyed this as she felt she was actively contributing to the work of the company, as well as it being a learning experience.

When asked what impact this placement has had on her skills, Iris commented:

“Working with JPP had an impact on my practical skills and legal knowledge which were definitely boosted. It also made me more confident in my job search in general and my abilities to perform well in a legal environment.”

Overall, Iris surmised:

“The idea to get involved in the EP reward scheme was attractive as it allowed me to set foot in the professional world through a structured and trusted process. I would definitely encourage students at any level of their degree to participate in the scheme. All aspects are a learning experience, whether it is gaining points which encourage you to get involved in extra-curricular activities, or the placement itself which can help you gain experience, feel more confident and have a better idea of what you want to pursue after university.”

JPP Law generously provided four placements for EP students, working in commercial law, more information about them can be found here.