This diverse sector is dynamic and extremely rewarding, read on to find out what opportunities you could be part of…..
Porchlight – this charity helps vulnerable and isolated individuals with their mental health, housing, education and employment.
- They are providing two work experience placements where you will be provided statistical data to analyse and given the chance to report your findings and recommendations.
People United – this innovative charity explores how the arts and creativity can grow kindness, empathy and a sense of common humanity. Working with artists, academics and activists, their vision is to create a more kind and caring society through the arts.
- They are offering two work experience placements, focused on fundraising, events organising and attending events.
Demelza – this amazing charity provides specialist care and emotional support for children with terminal conditions and their loved ones. They are providing:
- Work experience focused on fundraising, specifically looking at the distribution of collection pots and how these can increase charity revenue.
- Work experience in Community Fundraising, undertaking projects and events.
- Work experience in Corporate Partnerships, responsible for research, projects and events.
East Kent Mencap – this charity help to enable their service users to achieve the things they want out of life and to be valued, treated equally, listened to and included. They are providing:
- The opportunity to shadow the Community Fundraising Officer, providing an insight into volunteer management and event delivery.
- There will also be a work experience placement available in the HR team, focused on reviewing the charity’s approach towards Mental Health Week and providing a plan for 2021.
Nucleus Arts – this is an arts organisation with a difference – they concentrate on affordability, accessibility, approachability and excellence in the arts and as a result have become the cultural and creative heart of Kent and Medway. They are providing:
- 12-week paid internship, which will include work on wellbeing, mental health, running creative events and setting-up art galleries.
- 2-day work shadowing placement with the Chief Executive Officer, David Stokes. This will provide an insight into strategic management in the charity and arts sector.
- A ‘Nucleus Arts Experience Day’, which will include a tour of the centre, Q&A with resident artists, and a workshop.