Brett: Work Shadowing

For a number of years, Brett have been offering work shadowing rewards to EP students in their legal team. The EP team recently caught-up with Rob Dogdson, Legal Director and Erin McKee (Kent Law School) to find out more.

Reflecting on her experience, Erin commented that the reward “was a very interesting experience, which gave me a flavour about not only commercial law, but what the experience of an in-house lawyer is like.”

During her two-day reward, Erin attended two site visits; one being a concrete plant and the other the production of paving slabs, seeing the impact the in-house legal department has on the day-to-day running of Brett. Erin was also given a range of legal documents, relating to these sites, to review alongside Rob.

Erin credits the reward as widening her knowledge on how land law can operate in the real world, as she witnessed the drafting of statutory declarations and read through varying contracts and predominantly leases.

Reflecting on the EP Scheme, Erin commented:

“I would say you definitely need to get involved! The experience I have had with Brett has been very interesting and given me an opportunity to witness how different forms of law operate – giving me some food for thought in terms of my future legal career!”