McCabe Ford Williams Chartered Accountants: Work Experience

Kent Law School student, Lucia Trabattoni, recently undertook a work experience placement with MFW Accountants as her EP reward.

The EP Team caught-up with Lucia to find out more.

“This placement has been an extraordinary opportunity for me to gain pragmatic work experience in the accounting industry”, Lucia explained, “although working with the job specific software was challenging at first, learning how to use it was rewarding and it allowed me to improve my IT-skills. The work environment at the office was really welcoming and vibrant as well as being professional and productive.”

Lucia was given the chance to work on the elaboration of accounting files containing clients’ records, which ranged from property management companies to sole traders and limited companies. As a result, Lucia became acquainted with both non-statutory and statutory financial statements. She also gained hands on experience with IRIS and Sage software.

The work experience has had a lasting positive impact, as Lucia explains:

“This work experience allowed me to picture myself in a job in the accounting industry, thus giving me insight into a potential career in this field. I could appreciate how interesting and broad ranging the role of an accountant can be. In addition, I had the opportunity to learn how to perform basic tasks on the job-specific software.”

Lucia also commented:

“I would definitely recommend to future students to apply for this scheme. Among other factors, I greatly appreciated this scheme’s flexibility, which allowed me to apply for an opportunity in the accounting industry although I am a law student.  I am very happy to have undertaken this opportunity and I am thankful to all those who made it possible.”