IONA will be running an open day to give a taster of the support they can offer to students with learning and mental health difficulties.
There will be a range of talks, advice and demonstrations from specialists and refreshments will be served throughout the day.
This will include:
- Student Finance England (SFE): Higher Education (HE) funding & support
- The Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSAs): transition & the application process
- Support in HE: Autistic Spectrum conditions; Mental Health difficulties; Physical or Sensory impairment; Chronic medical conditions; Specific Learning Difficulties (Dyslexia, Dyscalculia, ADD/ADHD)
- Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLDs): screening & diagnostic assessments
- Study, revision, library & research skills
- Wellbeing & the Arts (dance, music, art)
- Open Source assistive software & Apps
- On-line training portal & assistive software (mind-mapping, text-reading, note-taking)
- Ergonomic aids (e.g. seating, desks, risers)
- Meet and talk with Assessors, Tutors, Student Unions and IONA Office Staff
The event will be held at the Iona-Palamon Court DSA-QAG Outreach Centre (Palamon Court, Rhodaus Town, Canterbury, CT1 2YA) on Wednesday 8th May. You can drop in anytime from 11am to 6pm.
Parking: Canterbury East Station, or Holman’s Meadow (Disabled parking-via email request below).
Please RSVP to email@example.com
Phone: 01227 811813/211070
Text: 07742 188548