Sevenoaks Town Council

EP Sponsor Profile 2018-19

Sevenoaks Town Council is one of 9,000 smaller local authorities known as Town and Parish Councils who operate throughout the country for the benefit of local residents.

About

The Town Council operates many local facilities including cemeteries, parks, community centres, cafes, markets and events etc.

Sevenoaks Town Council also has ambitious plans for new projects including bus services, £3m new conference and community centre and taking over a railway station building.

The Town Council wants to research the economic and social impact of its projects on the local community.

Website: Here

Rewards 2018-19

Sevenoaks Town Council are offering a 2-3 month internship position where the student will be able to review strategic projects/developments the council are undertaking! This will cover public perception, research, policy and more!

The internship will include the opportunity to conduct research and present results.

Case Study

In 2017-18, Holly-Jayne Wilkinson undertook this internship: ‘The internship has been hugely beneficial to me, personally and for my career development. As someone who wants to go onto work in public service, the experience has been invaluable in seeing the relations between public servants and politicians and the amount of work that goes on behind the scenes. I love that I have been given responsibility with my own project to work on and I have been able to develop in a very supportive environment.’

You can read the full case study here:

https://blogs.kent.ac.uk/employabilitypoints/2018/07/30/internship-with-sevenoaks-town-council/