Let’s Do Business

EP Sponsor Profile 2018-19

The Let’s Do Business Group is the leading provider of business advice, training and finance in the South East.

About

The Let’s Do Business Group help budding entrepreneurs and established businesses across Kent, Sussex and Surrey with advice and training to help them to start and to grow their business. In addition they provide finance through the Start Up Loan Scheme and have their own loan finance company that helps businesses unable to access finance through the banks.

Rewards 2019-20

The Let’s Do Business Group are offering a 3 day work placement – 1 day at The Business Terrace in Maidstone, shadowing one of their Kent-based business advisers, the other two days based in their St Leonards office, shadowing their business finance and Growth Hub teams.

The successful candidate can expect to review current loan cases, gain an understanding of their loan appraisal process and sit in on client meetings.

This fantastic work-shadowing placement is only 100 points and would ideally suit a candidate studying a business related qualification.

Case Study

In 2018-19, the Let’s Do Business Group (LDBP) offered a 3-day work shadowing placement to Latifah Parara (School of Computing) through the EP Scheme. The EP team caught up with Latifah and the Lets Do Business team to find out more.

Latifah explained that she had a busy three days, where she liaised with different team members, learning about their specific roles, in addition to gaining the chance to attend a marketing workshop, learning about the structure of the company and local area and also attending a client business meeting.

Reflecting on her 3-days, Latifah said:

“The placement was fantastic; I have met so many fascinating people in such a short period of time, who were will to impart their knowledge to me. Meeting and interacting with the people there was my favourite part of the journey…Now that I have graduated, I am planning on eventually running my own business. This [reward] has taught me about the kinds of things I will need to think about running my business, including planning, cash flow, the role of investors, marketing, and the legal side of it all. I have also gotten a taste of how much work it can take to get a simple idea off the ground.”

The LDB Group were also incredibly complimentary of Latifah:

“We were very impressed with Latifah.  We agreed a timetable and for her to experience a diverse mix of the services we offer and roles prior to her attending and it was obvious that she had prepared for her placement and how she could apply learnings to her own development.”

Reflecting on the EP Scheme itself, the LDB Group commented:

“For a small investment of time, it’s a good way to interact with graduates and find out what they could potentially offer a company.”

The EP Scheme would like to thank the Lets Do Business Group for offering this great reward!