Work Experience with Digitom

Digitom is a multi-award winning video content agency, based just outside of London in Tunbridge Wells, Kent.

This year, we were very pleased to have new sponsor, Digitom, on board with EP offering work experience shadowing the company’s production team.

We caught up with Imogen Scawen (Film Studies, stage 3) during her two-week placement with video content agency to find out how she was getting on.

She told us: ‘I’m very happy! I have been working on a whole range of stuff and the experience has really given me an idea of what I want to do in the future.’

During her first week, Imogen had some office-based tasks, such as creating a database of potential clients. She observed the editing of animated videos for a global pharmaceutical client. This required producing foreign language versions for EMEA. She also developed pitches for meetings, put together call sheets and production schedules. She helped prep and film at the fourth annual Kent Press and Broadcast Awards, at which Digitom sponsors a prize, and was given a free lunch and goody bag as part of the event! Have a look at the event film that Imogen helped create, here.

Imogen was also invited to meetings with potential clients, first in a shadowing capacity, and later to participate. She found these experiences particularly enlightening: ‘this is a hard industry to get into, and Tom has taught me a lot already, particularly on the business side, which is good as I did a creative degree and so hadn’t experienced this kind of thing before. I have loved getting real-life experience of a business environment.’ She also had the chance to gain insight into the editing and grading in post-production in order to turnaround a fast production.

She reflected on her experience with EP: ‘The scheme has been very beneficial to me. It was very simple. I’m glad I did it and wish I had got involved earlier!’

Tom Chown, Founder & Creative Director of Digitom, added:

‘I’ve been very impressed with Imogen’s keen interest for video production and enthusiasm shown in the work place, and out on location. Last week she also attended client meetings with me and was presentable and asked good questions about their businesses in a face-to-face environment.’

For more information on Digitom, see here.