Pearson: Work Experience

Pearson is a global learning company, providing education products and services to institutions, governments and individual learners.

Since 2015, Pearson PLC have provided EP students with an unique insight into the world of publishing!

The EP team caught up with Amy Hoang (School of English) who was tasked with working on small projects, including market analysis, blurb drafts for new edition textbooks and collating reviews – she even gained the chance to observe an investment meeting!

“[the experience gave me an] insight into the world of publsihing and the amount of effort required…everyone has been welcoming and friendly and the hardworking environment is definitely contagious. I’m looking forward to the last few days, especially the Pearson sports day.”

The EP team also gained the chance to speak with Charlotte Grant (School of History), who was suprised by the amount of responsibility given to her; she was tasked with collating data to determine new products, creating contents pages for new textbooks, image coding and collating feedback from lecturers.

“This experience was a lot of fun, and it was new and challenging each day. The team I worked with were fun, friendly and really helpful, and I appreciated that they treated me like any employee and gave me substantial and meaningful work. I really enjoyed my time at Pearson and would recommend it to anyone who wants to gain some real-life work experience within a fun and exciting company.”

For more information on Pearson PLC, please see here.