Canterbury Cathedral Lodge

EP Sponsor Profile 2019-20

Canterbury Cathedral Lodge is a unique and contemporary hotel and conference venue situated in the inspirational grounds of Canterbury Cathedral.

About

Canterbury Cathedral Lodge is owned by Canterbury Cathedral, providing a unique location for guests with exclusive access to the Cathedral Precincts. Their meeting and conference venue is purpose-built, providing conference delegates an unparalleled setting.

You can view their full website here.

Rewards 2019-20

Canterbury Cathedral Lodge are offering a 3-week work experience placement within the Events department, focusing on organising events and help running conferences.

Student Testimonials

“I aim to enter the events and hospitality sector upon my graduation, and have found my work placement at Canterbury Cathedral Lodge invaluable in encouraging me to continue to work towards this goal. My role was very practical and I completed tasks such as; researching potential clients, creating a menu selector for the New Years Eve Gala night and taking calls from potential clients to discuss their individual requirements for a conference or party night. I was also fortunate to shadow a Co-ordinator on a Wedding Reception at the Lodge where we completed all final checks, greeted guests and even built their wedding cake out of doughnuts!”

Rose Butlin (POLIR)

“I have enjoyed the variety of tasks that have been set for me and feel I have really improved my organisational skills, which will be of huge benefit in my future law career…I helped the operations team with an afternoon tea and really enjoyed seeing the work we do behind the scenes put into practice. I will also have the chance to shadow the decorator for a wedding next week, which I’m really looking forward to!”

Augustina Ntow Brisaa (KLS)

Full 2018-19 case study here.