Getting Your Dream Job

Kristina Sekareva, Student Case Study

EP Student, Kristina Sekareva, talks about her valuable experience with Medway Council and how it helped her gain her dream job…

I undertook my internship with the Medway Council this summer as a Summer Scheme Coordinator. I got a lot of experience, new skills and had the pleasure to work with children and do something nice for them organising activities. Yesterday I had my interview with the British Red Cross and today I received a job offer as a Recruitment and Selection Coordinator. I believe that I was able to do well at the interview and meet the criteria mostly due to my experience as an intern.

I am a postgraduate student studying third sector so this employment is certainly my dream job, especially with the British Red Cross. Thank you so much to the EP Scheme for the opportunities given.

Also, I would like to highlight that Medway Council (Youth Services) were really supportive. I worked under the management of Roy Smith and Sharon McCauley who not only supported me in my role, but are also really understanding and supportive during my last weeks with them while I urgently need to leave the country to see my family. I was very lucky to get my internship working under such a brilliant management. I hope next summer another student will get such an opportunity.

To read the full case study on Medway Council’s involvement with EP students, please see here.