As part of our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity, the School of Engineering and Digital Arts is delighted to offer a workshop entitled: An Introduction to Unconscious Bias which will take place on Wednesday 7th November from 1 – 2 pm in Jennison Lecture Theatre.
The key learning objectives are outlined below:
– Develop self awareness of the unconscious mind
– Learn about different types of bias and how it is a form of natural mental shortcut which needs to be managed
– Experiment on how bias occurs in day to day decision-making in the workplace: recruiting and hiring, team dynamics and career development
– Receive action-orientated strategies they can use to remove bias from decisions
– Be empowered to raise awareness of unconscious bias in teams and wider workplace and its potential impact
The event is strictly open to students and staff in the School of Engineering and Digital Arts only and will be delivered by Equal Engineers Ltd